Thursday, July 21, 2005

Angelie got her first vaccination shots today. She was sooo good at her doctor's appointment. She filled her diaper just as the doctor came into the room, but barely cried at all when she got her needle, only for about a minute or so then she quieted to a soft whimper for a few mintues and then went back to sleep. Later in the day however I had to give her Tylenol, because she cried every time she moved her leg. How awful. She doesn't know why it hurts and that it's only temporary. It's breaking my heart.

I called the doctor's office for the correct dosage of Tylenol to give her, and they said to call the pharmacist. I called the pharmacist and waited on the phone for 15 minutes while she calculated the dosage. You'd think it'd be a common enough question that she'd have that information handy and not have to calculate it on the spot.

Angelie weighs 11lbs 3oz.

She's getting very strong. She can hold her head up very well now, and look around the room without her head wobbling like a bobblehead doll.