We've put Angelie on a sort of schedule, and she's been so much happier for it. (Not that she was unhappy before, she's a VERY happy baby.)
I had been resisting putting her to bed and letting her cry herself to sleep, thinking it would traumatized her (though more likely traumatized me). But one day I did it because she was tired and cranky and was fighting her nap. She cried for less than 20 minutes (with two comfort visits ala Dr. Ferber's method).
Within two days she got the hang of it. I put her down for a nap at 10am, 3pm, and bed at 9pm. She may cry up to 5 minutes, but most often it's less than a minute and she's stopped crying before I make it all the way downstairs.
If I'd known it would be that easy I'd have done it long ago.
She still wakes many times in the night to nurse, more for comfort than need of sustenance, and we'll have to wean her off those night feedings too. But that will wait 'til she's out of our room. (Ed's said it'll only be a few more weeks.)
I had been resisting putting her to bed and letting her cry herself to sleep, thinking it would traumatized her (though more likely traumatized me). But one day I did it because she was tired and cranky and was fighting her nap. She cried for less than 20 minutes (with two comfort visits ala Dr. Ferber's method).
Within two days she got the hang of it. I put her down for a nap at 10am, 3pm, and bed at 9pm. She may cry up to 5 minutes, but most often it's less than a minute and she's stopped crying before I make it all the way downstairs.
If I'd known it would be that easy I'd have done it long ago.
She still wakes many times in the night to nurse, more for comfort than need of sustenance, and we'll have to wean her off those night feedings too. But that will wait 'til she's out of our room. (Ed's said it'll only be a few more weeks.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home