I bought a book on Baby Sign Language and I am trying to teach sign to Angelie. Studies show that babies who learn to communicate earlier, learn to speak sooner (because they already understand the word meaning even if they can't verbalize it) and are less frustrated as toddlers.
Can we bypass the terrible twos by introducing communication skills early? I hope so!
I've used a little of it with my volunteer work with special-needs preschoolers and so I know it can work. It is a slow process, though not as slow as learning verbal speach. It will probably be several months before Angelie responds with her own signs.
Can we bypass the terrible twos by introducing communication skills early? I hope so!
I've used a little of it with my volunteer work with special-needs preschoolers and so I know it can work. It is a slow process, though not as slow as learning verbal speach. It will probably be several months before Angelie responds with her own signs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home