Angelie had a nice long playdate today with her little friend Samantha. Samatha's Mommy needed a babysitter and so a playdate worked out very well.
Angelie and Sam played very well together all morning. Boy, one toddler is busy; two toddlers is crazy-busy! They got along fairly well and Angelie didn't fuss too much that Sam played with her toys. The doll stroller was very popular though, and as soon as one girl let it go for a seond the other had it. Sam kept kicking the baby out of the stroller and as soon as Angelie found the baby on the floor, she had to try to put it back in. No fights though. I'm proud of them both.
I decided to take the two girls to the playground, and good thing Ed tagged along. As soon as the girls were let down, they headed in opposite directions. Aren't I glad Angelie's not twins! We stayed for about 45 minutes and then took the girls home for lunch.
After lunch the girls played quietly a little longer, but when Angelie started getting possessive of her toys and grabbing them away from Sam, and Sam got quiet and her head was too heavy to hold up, I put both girls down for a nap. Angelie cried when I put Sam in the playpen. I guess she thought I was being cruel, or maybe she was being possessive over the playpen too? They both napped well and were still napping with Sam's mother came to get her.
Over all it was a successful first attempt at trading off childcare. I can only hope Angelie will handle it as well as Samantha did the first time I leave her with anyone other than her grandparents.
Angelie and Sam played very well together all morning. Boy, one toddler is busy; two toddlers is crazy-busy! They got along fairly well and Angelie didn't fuss too much that Sam played with her toys. The doll stroller was very popular though, and as soon as one girl let it go for a seond the other had it. Sam kept kicking the baby out of the stroller and as soon as Angelie found the baby on the floor, she had to try to put it back in. No fights though. I'm proud of them both.
I decided to take the two girls to the playground, and good thing Ed tagged along. As soon as the girls were let down, they headed in opposite directions. Aren't I glad Angelie's not twins! We stayed for about 45 minutes and then took the girls home for lunch.
After lunch the girls played quietly a little longer, but when Angelie started getting possessive of her toys and grabbing them away from Sam, and Sam got quiet and her head was too heavy to hold up, I put both girls down for a nap. Angelie cried when I put Sam in the playpen. I guess she thought I was being cruel, or maybe she was being possessive over the playpen too? They both napped well and were still napping with Sam's mother came to get her.
Over all it was a successful first attempt at trading off childcare. I can only hope Angelie will handle it as well as Samantha did the first time I leave her with anyone other than her grandparents.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home