Angelie had asked to do Brownies last fall (she was too young and would have had to do Sparks), however, we decided that since she goes to an all girls school, Beavers (with the Scouts which is now co-ed) might be a better option. Get her exposed to boys somewhat.
She didn't really like it much. She's adjusted now but hasn't really connected with any of the boys there, and not really with the more tom-boyish girls either.
I recently contacted the local Girl Guides to find out when registration begins for September, as I was late registering last fall and we ended up on the waiting list, and she started Beavers late.
Well! They have a new member drive on right now and she was able to start immediately, for the final 7 weeks, for free. So she's currently in both Beavers and Sparks. And so far, seems to prefer Sparks. I think we know which way we'll be registering come July!
She didn't really like it much. She's adjusted now but hasn't really connected with any of the boys there, and not really with the more tom-boyish girls either.
I recently contacted the local Girl Guides to find out when registration begins for September, as I was late registering last fall and we ended up on the waiting list, and she started Beavers late.
Well! They have a new member drive on right now and she was able to start immediately, for the final 7 weeks, for free. So she's currently in both Beavers and Sparks. And so far, seems to prefer Sparks. I think we know which way we'll be registering come July!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home