Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Angelie's first two Thanksgivings. We spent Sunday at my Dad's, with Dad and my sister's family, and then spent Monday at Ed's parents'. Two turkeys in one weekend (I love it) and none for Angelie. Next year she'll be able to have some.

She handled the trip up to my Dad's fairly well. We brought her bath stuff and her pyjamas and stayed on her routine. She slept on the way there and the way home and even got in an afternoon nap in her playpen.

She still really likes her cousin Aidan. While I was holding her, he came over to talk. She leaned toward him, put her hands on both sides of his face, and pressed her forehead to his. The closest thing to an intentional hug that I think she can manage at this point. I only wish I'd gotten a photo.

Monday we tried the same arrangement, and brought over her bath things and her pyjamas. It worked somewhat but I think Angelie had used up all she had for socializing and wanted to go home. Better behaved than our last visit over there, but not as settled as at my Dad's. Too busy a weekend for our little introvert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home