Update on earlier note about Angelie being sick:
Angelie has had a high fever since Jan 8th. We went out to one of the drop-in playgroups and towards the end Angelie came to sit on my lap during circle time. She was burning up, but I assumed at the time it was because she was overheated. I stripped off her sweater and she seemed more comfortable. Later that afternoon it became obvious that she had a fever and wasn't just overheated. By Thursday I became more worried. It was regular doses of both Tylenol and Motrin to keep her fever down, but she had no other symptoms. We went to the doctor.
The doctor checked her ears and didn't' think she had an ear infection, decided that because she was eating well (even acidic things like oranges and pasta sauce) it probably wasn't strep, but sent her for a urine test to rule out a bladder infection. Her initial diagnoses was Roseola -- a high fever for 3 to 7 days, followed by a mild non-itchy rash. Okay. I left feeling much better.
However, the fever didn't go away and there's been no rash so far. Angelie still has a fever, and still no other symptoms (at least non that aren't masked by the pain/fever med she's taking) and we're now on day 10. So even thought the urine test results aren't back yet, we're going back to the doctor this afternoon.
I will update as soon as we know more.
Angelie has had a high fever since Jan 8th. We went out to one of the drop-in playgroups and towards the end Angelie came to sit on my lap during circle time. She was burning up, but I assumed at the time it was because she was overheated. I stripped off her sweater and she seemed more comfortable. Later that afternoon it became obvious that she had a fever and wasn't just overheated. By Thursday I became more worried. It was regular doses of both Tylenol and Motrin to keep her fever down, but she had no other symptoms. We went to the doctor.
The doctor checked her ears and didn't' think she had an ear infection, decided that because she was eating well (even acidic things like oranges and pasta sauce) it probably wasn't strep, but sent her for a urine test to rule out a bladder infection. Her initial diagnoses was Roseola -- a high fever for 3 to 7 days, followed by a mild non-itchy rash. Okay. I left feeling much better.
However, the fever didn't go away and there's been no rash so far. Angelie still has a fever, and still no other symptoms (at least non that aren't masked by the pain/fever med she's taking) and we're now on day 10. So even thought the urine test results aren't back yet, we're going back to the doctor this afternoon.
I will update as soon as we know more.

1 Comments:
That sounds worrying. I hope it clears up soon or the doctor can find out what it is.
Post a Comment
<< Home