We went downtown this past weekend to catch the last weekend of Winterlude activities. Winterlude is a huge winter festival here in Ottawa; one that Ed and I don't normally go down for, but with a child in the house I guess now it's a municipal requirement. So we packed up Angelie and Grandma and Grandpa and down we went. Over on the Quebec side they have 'Snowflake Kingdom' which is basically a big playground for kids, with ice slides, games, concerts and horse-drawn wagon rides.
Angelie seemed to have a good time. We were blessed with slightly warmer weather than we've been having for a few weeks, and we bundled her up good.
She enjoyed the ice-slide twice - once with Daddy and once with Grandpa. After Grandpa lost his balance and they both slid down on their backs, she decided she'd had enough of that.


We took a $20 five-minute ride on a horse-drawn cutter.

Angelie's pretty brave when it involves other children. She saw a group of kids playing volleyball and she marched right into the middle of the game to join in.

I think it's safe to bet we'll be back down there again next year.
Angelie seemed to have a good time. We were blessed with slightly warmer weather than we've been having for a few weeks, and we bundled her up good.
She enjoyed the ice-slide twice - once with Daddy and once with Grandpa. After Grandpa lost his balance and they both slid down on their backs, she decided she'd had enough of that.


We took a $20 five-minute ride on a horse-drawn cutter.

Angelie's pretty brave when it involves other children. She saw a group of kids playing volleyball and she marched right into the middle of the game to join in.

I think it's safe to bet we'll be back down there again next year.

1 Comments:
Angelie is growing so fast Dawn, thought I'd take a peek in today. I have been recovering from knee surgery the past 2 months so its been awhile since I was even at the computer. Hope your family are keeping well, the tea room has been quiet but a lot of us are on facebook now and get to keep up with one another. Take care, give Angelie a hug from one of her angel buddies. Pat
Post a Comment
<< Home