Monday, November 21, 2005

No signs of pearly whites yet, but they're making their presence known. Angelie has been tugging at her little ears, her cheeks are rosy, she's cranky, won't eat her cereal, and is waking crying every half-hour at night unless we dope her up with Tylenol. She doesn't seem to need the Tylenol during the day, perhaps because she's distracted from the pain by day to day activity, but at night it keeps her from sleeping even the broken sleep we've become accustomed to.

It's been four nights thus far, so we've given up hope of baby sleeping through the night for now. I've heard though that teething pain can start weeks, even months, before the teeth pop through. I hope not. I hope she gets some relief soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Have you read any of the stuff about attachment parenting? (Dr. Sears is one of the big proponents.) Some of the information about sleeping through the night might ring true to your experience with Angelie. There are so many "experts" (including friends and relatives) out there; it's all a little overwhelming...

Jacqueline

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home