Friday, July 18, 2008

The past few weeks have gone by in a blur.

Angelie and I spend a few nights at her godparents cottage and spent a weekend at my Dad's too. (No photographic documentation to share as I neglected to bring my camera along.) Angelie loves the cottage, especially the lake within steps of the backdoor. She's becoming a regular little fish. She also loves having the kids around to play with.

She also liked the beach down the road from my Dad's house. She followed Papa Bob around, "helping" him do anything he was doing that weekend. We picked gooseberries from his bushes in the yard and the two of them even made strawberry/gooseberry jam together. We had intended to only stay two nights at Dad's but when Papa Bob asked Angelie if she was going home or wanted to stay another night, she said she wanted to stay. She'd been so shy around Dad up til now that I thought it was a good thing that she wanted to stay, so we did.

Angelie has decided that her baby sister's name is Sarah. She cannot be dissuaded. We've taken to suggesting other names, even silly names, or names that have gone out of fashion (i.e. Gertrude or Mildred) just to hear her say "No, her name is Sarah!" We haven't made any firm decisions yet on the name front but we're almost tempted to let Angelie name the baby in hopes that it helps with the sibling bonding process. No progress however on a middle name.

Yesterday, Angelie decided she wanted her hair cut. I'd been suggesting a trim for some time, as her hair had never been cut in the back (and I do the bangs myself after a scream-fest first bang trim at a hairdresser's when she was a year old) but Angelie was "too scared of the hairdresser" to go. Her hair was so long and because of the curls tangles easily. It stretched almost to her bum when wet. But she decided on her own she wanted it cut, and she DIDN'T want mommy to do it. So I took her right away, before she changed her mind.

Angelie's Dora haircut

She was as good as gold. She sat still in the chair and told the hairdresser she wanted her hair cut "like Dora the Explorer's". Luckily the 50-something hairdresser knew who Dora the Explorer was. And Angelie thinks she looks exactly like Dora. I had asked her what she thought Daddy would say, and she replied, "He'll say 'Who are you? Where is my Angelie?'" (So I called Daddy on the phone and coached him on what to say.) Angelie was thrilled when Daddy didn't recognise her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home