Friday, January 23, 2009

Life is much busier with two children than it was with only one. (Bless anyone with more than two kids, I don't think I could do it). One particularly busy day I threatened to run away from home, but Angelie said, "Then I will pick up Sarah and follow you."
Angelie and Sarah

My busy life doesn't go entirely unappreciated though. When Angelie asked how come Daddy gave me money for groceries and I told her "because Mommies don't get paid for their work", she offered me the money in her piggy bank.

I can't complain too much, because except for very brief moments, I'm not yet dealing with much jealously from Angelie. Angelie is a good big sister and loves helping with Sarah. I haven't yet left Sarah alone with Daddy for more than half-an-hour or so, but I am occassionally pumping and freezing milk so that I can one day make a temporary escape. When I do pump milk though Angelie wants to be able to feed Sarah herself right away. Sometimes I let her. Sarah will quite happily take a bottle from Angelie, so my dreams of a night out without the girls in tow may someday become a reality. (Poor Daddy.)
Angelie feeds Sarah

Angelie loves to have Sarah in the bath with her as well (the plastic baby tub is now way too small), and likes to help wash her sister. Sarah loves just watching Angelie play. No matter why Sarah's crying, it all stops when I take her into the bathroom and turn on the water. She loves her bath. She's strong too and if I hold her up she'll take steps and "walk" to the tub and even lift her feet as though to climb in.
Bathtime

Angelie will often "play" with Sarah while I'm busy cooking dinner or whatever, and Sarah loves Angelie. She smiles at Angelie a lot and watches her constantly.
Playtime
Angelie and Sarah
She is Daddy's girl, even more than she is Angelie's. She loves her Daddy and Daddy can almost always get a smile out of her.

She's been smiling for quite some time, and smiles are coming easier now. She giggled for the first time yesterday while being tickled. Luckily all three of us heard her yesterday. (Often the 'firsts' are witnessed with several days between each sighting.)
Sarah

As I said, Sarah is pretty strong. She doesn't like being on her tummy and usually starts to cry whenever I put her down. She has pushed herself backwards off her playmat and spun in a half-circle making crawling type motions while screaming. I'm imagining it won't be long before she's crawling. She's almost 4 months old and Angelie was crawling at 5 1/2 so it's possible (though I won't encourage it too much).
Tummytime

As long as she's being held though, she's become quite a happy baby. (We've come through the colic stage and we're not looking back!)
Sarah
Asleep in Bumbo

Sarah has been having her morning naps in the car seat because we are usually out and about for Angelie's preschool and sports, and that worked very well.
Sarah in car seat.
However last week she discovered her thumb. She's a happy little thumbsucker and I can put her down to get other things done and she'll soothe herself with her thumb... but she can't reach it in the carseat, especially not with winter gear on. Where she used to cry for 5 and fall asleep, now she cries 20 minutes or more before stopping, because she can't get her thumb. I've offered her a pacifier but she just spits it out and screams harder.
Sarah sucks her thumb


CHRISTMAS 2008

Angelie and Sarah

The entire Christmas and New Year season flew by in a flurry this year. In fact I have only just taken down the last decoration.

We drove to my Dad's place the weekend before Christmas and spent a few days there with him and my sister and her kids. Angelie loves to visit with her cousins and this year was no different. Sarah also enjoyed endless cuddles and never had to be put down. We had to get a photo of Sarah and my Dad together since her middle name is from his, and we forgot to get any pictures when he came to visit after she was born.

Sarah Adrienne and Robert Adrien.
Sarah Adrienne and Robert Adrien

Christmas Eve was spent with Ed's parents, grandmother and sister, and we did presents then, which is tradition. The girls made out quite well.
Sarah with a bow on her head
Angelie got skis for Christmas and tried them on and skied right there in the living room. Angelie's skis She takes lessons with her Grandparents on Saturday afternoons and loves it. She missed a school chum's birthday party for ski lessons and never batted an eye. For skating lessons (which is also new for her this winter) she complains that she's missing TV.

Christmas morning at home was fun. Angelie slept in until after 8am because she was so tired from the night before, but when she got up she came into our room and rousted us from bed.
Santa was here!

She only asked for three things from Santa: reindeer treats candy, a red coat, and something for Sarah. Santa came through. With luck and lots of help from friends and neighbours, Santa found what he was looking for.
She was so surprised that Santa got her letter and brought her the red coat she asked for:
Opening coat
Red coat
Red coat

She also had a lot of fun shopping for and wrapping presents this year. Here she's hiding the present she bought Daddy under the tree:
Hiding daddy's gift
Helping Daddy open it (a tin Senators zamboni piggy bank):
Daddy's gift

Here Angelie is opening and playing with Sarah's gift from Santa, as Sarah looks on:
Sarah's gift
It was all just too exciting for Sarah.
Sleepy Christmas morning

We had Christmas day dinner with friends and then went back over to Ed's parents' place for dessert. Ed's cousin Kim now lives in town with her husband and boys and they were over for dinner. Angelie loves playing with her "big cousins" Dustin and Ryan and has formed a 'Dustin and Ryan fan club'. So far she's the only member but I'm sure Sarah will join fairly soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so glad to see an update. Both girls are getting so big and I'm glad that Angelie likes to help with Sarah. I'm sure that makes it easier. I love Angelie's red coat. It is beautiful.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home