We've just come back from Angelie's 6 month checkup.
To quote the doctor, "she's perfect". She's up to 16 lbs zero oz, and is 26 inches tall. So I guess that means it's about time to move her into her convertable car seat (still rear-facing) and out of her infant seat. I'll miss the convenience of being able to take the whole seat out of the car and plunking it into the stroller or shopping cart.
She also had some more vaccinations today. The first needle was tolerated not too badly. She watched the doctor do it, then whimpered and buried her head into my shoulder. The second one caught her really off guard and she wailed. She quieted down briefly in the lobby as I booked her next appointment, because a gentleman behind us was making faces at her. But once in the car she started to wail again and screamed all the way home. She finally fell asleep about 5 blocks from home.
So she's doing well. She has another vaccination in 2 months, but then should be good for a little while. The doctor opted against giving her a flu shot as well today (and I'm sure Angelie is happy about that!), so Daddy and I will have to get one to make sure we don't bring it home to her.
To quote the doctor, "she's perfect". She's up to 16 lbs zero oz, and is 26 inches tall. So I guess that means it's about time to move her into her convertable car seat (still rear-facing) and out of her infant seat. I'll miss the convenience of being able to take the whole seat out of the car and plunking it into the stroller or shopping cart.
She also had some more vaccinations today. The first needle was tolerated not too badly. She watched the doctor do it, then whimpered and buried her head into my shoulder. The second one caught her really off guard and she wailed. She quieted down briefly in the lobby as I booked her next appointment, because a gentleman behind us was making faces at her. But once in the car she started to wail again and screamed all the way home. She finally fell asleep about 5 blocks from home.
So she's doing well. She has another vaccination in 2 months, but then should be good for a little while. The doctor opted against giving her a flu shot as well today (and I'm sure Angelie is happy about that!), so Daddy and I will have to get one to make sure we don't bring it home to her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home