Angelie IS working towards sleeping through the night again. I guess the growth spurt is over. Except for Sunday night when she woke almost every hour, she's been sleeping for a 5 hour stretch once per night.
We had a rough night last night though. She woke up at 2am - screaming at the top of her lungs! We couldn't comfort her, and we thought she was in pain. We have no idea what it was, she screamed for about 10 minutes. Then whimpered for another 10 or so after that. Ed thought maybe it was gas, she passed some, though it usually doesn't bother her much anymore. But we tried gripewater and a few moments later she settled and nursed and fell asleep. She only woke once more to feed, about an hour later, then slept through until 8:30.
We don't know what caused the pain. I initially thought "night terrors" as she was unresponsive to comforting, but at 6 months she's probably too young for that, then we thought teeth or gas. She had been drinking out of a bottle last night for a while so maybe swallowed too much air. While nursing she's fully capable of burping herself so I didn't think to do that/suggest that after the bottle feeds. She may also have swallowed air while drinking from a cup or sucking on the labels on her angel-baby dolly (a new favourite way to soothe herself to sleep). It could also be the peas she ate for lunch for the first time yesterday.
Whatever the cause, the result had me in tears as well as Angelie.
When I was about 15 ears old I stepped on a piece of glass, and while Dad pulled out the glass and dressed the wound I cried/screamed (it hurts now just thinking of it), and Mom cried right along with me. I understand now...
We had a rough night last night though. She woke up at 2am - screaming at the top of her lungs! We couldn't comfort her, and we thought she was in pain. We have no idea what it was, she screamed for about 10 minutes. Then whimpered for another 10 or so after that. Ed thought maybe it was gas, she passed some, though it usually doesn't bother her much anymore. But we tried gripewater and a few moments later she settled and nursed and fell asleep. She only woke once more to feed, about an hour later, then slept through until 8:30.
We don't know what caused the pain. I initially thought "night terrors" as she was unresponsive to comforting, but at 6 months she's probably too young for that, then we thought teeth or gas. She had been drinking out of a bottle last night for a while so maybe swallowed too much air. While nursing she's fully capable of burping herself so I didn't think to do that/suggest that after the bottle feeds. She may also have swallowed air while drinking from a cup or sucking on the labels on her angel-baby dolly (a new favourite way to soothe herself to sleep). It could also be the peas she ate for lunch for the first time yesterday.
Whatever the cause, the result had me in tears as well as Angelie.
When I was about 15 ears old I stepped on a piece of glass, and while Dad pulled out the glass and dressed the wound I cried/screamed (it hurts now just thinking of it), and Mom cried right along with me. I understand now...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home