
SARAH
Sarah's sleeping through the night was short lived. It lasted about 2 and a half weeks, and now she's up every three hours again. She has also discovered her voice and will serenade us at 2 am with very pretty (very loud!) happy songs. The songs are often accompanied by rhythmic drumming, which means legs lifted up and dropped on the mattress. Thud! Thud! Thud! And her crib is still in our room about 18 inches from my side of the bed.
She also kicks in the tub, on the floor (sounds like elephants if you're on the floor below), and when you're holding her. Strong girl.
She still likes to walk and it's hard to get her to sit. She's not yet sitting on her own. She loves being in her exersaucer, where she can 'dance'. On the floor on her tummy, she squirms and squiggles all over the place. She's trying to crawl but isn't quite there yet; she spins in circles on her tummy, because she can't quite get the belly up off the floor yet.
ANGELIE
Angelie is busy! Or at least we've just come to the end of a very busy cycle. She was enrolled in 3 mornings of preschool plus 5 activities: swimming, ballet, gymnastics, skating, and skiing. She thrived on it at the beginning, but started to wane towards session end. And so did I after all that driving around. She's now decided to only do school and gymnastics.
One day while driving her to something-or-other I made a joke about how she could be the mommy and I could be the little kid. "No she said. I can't be the mommy. I can't cook, and I can't read stories and I can't clean and I can't drive. I can't be the mommy." So I guess that pretty much sums up motherhood. Cooking, cleaning, reading and driving. :)
Angelie has just been registered for Junior Kindergarten! I can't believe she's old enough for that now! My little girl is growing up way too quickly. Come September, she'll be going to Joan of Arc Academy and it will be a full day JK program! I'll miss her during the day. And despite the fact that she'll be enrolled in fewer activities, I'll still be driving her as the school doesn't provide a bus.
Mom's Taxi, on duty 24/7 365 days a year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home