I think Ed and I can both honestly say that we have never been more sure of our decision to send Angelie to private school than after today, watching Angelie's JK class presentation for la Semaine de la Francophonie. She did awesome! I knew she could read in English, but now she's reading in French, and they kept it as a surprise for today!
Today's 'show' for the parents was basically just a way to show off all the French they've learned this year. Mostly it was rote, teacher pointed to numbers and months and vocabulary words, and the girls all said them together. And they all gave their birth dates in French when asked, and each had a turn in using the pointer to point to the word lists. But the teacher had Angelie introduce her class, in French, which we knew she was doing because she had been practicing her lines for weeks.
Towards the end, the teacher announced that she noticed one day that Angelie wasn't just looking at the pictures, but was actually reading, so she prepared about 10 sentences in French on a flip chart, for Angelie to read today in front of all the parents. And they kept it a secret! I almost cried I was so proud!
Angelie has trouble pronouncing her Rs in English, almost like a New Yorker accent, but can roll an R in French like it was her first language!
She'll be translating for us soon.
Today's 'show' for the parents was basically just a way to show off all the French they've learned this year. Mostly it was rote, teacher pointed to numbers and months and vocabulary words, and the girls all said them together. And they all gave their birth dates in French when asked, and each had a turn in using the pointer to point to the word lists. But the teacher had Angelie introduce her class, in French, which we knew she was doing because she had been practicing her lines for weeks.
Towards the end, the teacher announced that she noticed one day that Angelie wasn't just looking at the pictures, but was actually reading, so she prepared about 10 sentences in French on a flip chart, for Angelie to read today in front of all the parents. And they kept it a secret! I almost cried I was so proud!
Angelie has trouble pronouncing her Rs in English, almost like a New Yorker accent, but can roll an R in French like it was her first language!
She'll be translating for us soon.

1 Comments:
Omgosh Dawn - you must be bursting with pride! WOW!! That's amazing!!
Post a Comment
<< Home