Angelie stayed home sick from school today, as she did on Thursday and Friday of last week, because she was still a little bit off last night and in the wee-hours this morning. But by mid-morning she seemed much better, so we ran a few errands including a trip to the grocery store.
As I was packing our few groceries into the trunk of the car, I noticed a big box of crackers that I had neither put in the cart nor placed on the conveyor at the check out. I also didn't pack the box of crackers into my canvas shopping bag -- I had help from the clerk.
I exclaimed, "Oh, I think we got someone else's crackers, we need to go back in." A small voice piped up, "No I picked them Mom." Concerned that they were inadvertently stolen I exclaimed, "Oh no, Angelie. You have to ask before you take things!" She started to cry.... loudly, desperately, dramatically. (She's obviously still not feeling 100%).
I checked my receipt.... I had paid for them.
Fine.... she'd learned her lesson. I hope. (We kept the crackers.)
As I was packing our few groceries into the trunk of the car, I noticed a big box of crackers that I had neither put in the cart nor placed on the conveyor at the check out. I also didn't pack the box of crackers into my canvas shopping bag -- I had help from the clerk.
I exclaimed, "Oh, I think we got someone else's crackers, we need to go back in." A small voice piped up, "No I picked them Mom." Concerned that they were inadvertently stolen I exclaimed, "Oh no, Angelie. You have to ask before you take things!" She started to cry.... loudly, desperately, dramatically. (She's obviously still not feeling 100%).
I checked my receipt.... I had paid for them.
Fine.... she'd learned her lesson. I hope. (We kept the crackers.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home