Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Angelie has been going through some weird kind of sleep disruption. Lately she's still wide awake and chatting to her toys in her room an hour or two (once even three) after she's been put to bed. I don't think it quite means she's ready to give up her afternoon nap though, because she's cranky if she doesn't have one. She also quite readily falls asleep in the car when it's nearing her normal nap time. She is sleeping through the night more often than she was before, so I guess we can't complain too much. Most of her toys are out of her room, sitting in the hallway, so there's not much else we can do to stop her getting up. She's content to play with a sock or a pillow if there's nothing else to play with.

I would think that she'd be exhausted after the busy days we have of play-dates and running around at the playground (she can climb the ladders of the play structure all alone now). I know I am!

It amazes me how quickly her imagination is developing, and how silly she can be. Yesterday she was waving her toy broom around in the air and when I asked her what she was doing she said "net. catch airplane." She was pretending it was a butterfly net and when I listened there was indeed an airplane flying overhead.

At supper the other night, she took a pea off her plate, stuck it between her bare big toe and the one next to it, and then ate the pea directly off her toe. Ed and I just ignored it (not behaviour we want to encourage) but snickered at each other across the table.

Angelie smiiles


I'm also amazed at how my own thought processes have changed. This morning a spider crawled across the floor in Angelie's bedroom. Two or three years ago I would have stomped on it and flushed it and that would have been that. But today, with Angelie watching and singing Itsy-bitsy Spider, I scooped it up on a piece of paper and dumped it outside. Then Angelie complained that the poor spider would be cold outside. I didn't bring it back in though! She seemed to accept it when I said he'd find a new place to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home