Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today was Angelie 's first day of preschool. She did awesome.
Angelie's first day of school

We've been reading "Barney and Baby Bop Go To Preschool", in which Baby Bop goes to preschool and Barney picks her up afterwards. So Angelie had the idea down that I would take her in, go away, and come get her after. In theory anyway. I was a little nervous about putting it to the test, as she is quite a bit of a Mommy's girl. Though she's been getting more and more independent of late.

When we first got there, we found her hanger and hung up her raincoat -- what a miserable grey day it was today -- and waited for "teacher" to open the door. We followed the rest of the kids in and Angelie had a grip of steel on my hand. She absolutely refused to wear her nametag. I prepared myself for a meltdown. But then she saw toys. Lots of new toys. And lots of kids. She was hooked. She let go of my hand and off she went exploring. I had to follow her into the room to say goodbye and tell her I was going outside and I'd see her after school. "Ok, bye mom".

I sat out in the hall and read a book and talked to a few other moms who'd chosen to stay. I'd decided to wait just in case there was a melt down. But she was absolutely fine. She chatted all the way home about what she'd done: drew a picture, sang songs, had a snack of apples and juice, played dollies and grocery shopping with her friend. I asked what her friend's name was, and she said she didn't know. All in all a good first day.

It was a short day, only an hour, and it'll be another short day on Thursday. next week she goes for an hour and a half, and then the following week it's for the whole two and a half hours. Five hours a week to myself! What am I going to do with myself?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for Angelie!! So cute and growing up so fast. Pretty soon it will be giggly girl sleep-over parties :o)

6:36 PM  
Blogger miika said...

Yay! What an awesome first day. I hope it continues that way. And she looks so grown up in that picture :-)

As for what to do with yourself, you'll find you'll soon run out of time. At least I always do as soon as I get used to the idea of not having anything to do (being unemployed and all). But crochet, reading, and studying come to mind ;-)

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home