Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas is nearly upon us again. Where did the time go?
Angelie's Christmas card photo

Angelie has got this whole Christmas thing figured out this year. She knows that Santa is coming and is bringing her a toy. She's already told us that we have to move her toybox (which sits in front of our rarely used fireplace) so Santa can get down the chimney. She's emailed Santa (she wants a baby sister and a "fwute" =flute) and has received an email back. But she absolutely refuses to talk to Santa at the mall, though she likes to go look at him. "Let's go look at Santa Mom." "Do you want to go sit on his knee and tell him what you want for Christmas?" "No Mom. I don't."

She's gone shopping with Daddy to buy Mommy a Christmas present, which she proptly told me about when she got home. (PJs and socks, by the way). She's helped me bake and decorate our new artificial tree (I'm allergic to real ones, and we found a nice one that doesn't look artificial unless of course, you get within a foot of it).
Our tree

Having a small child around really brings the magic back into Christmas!

She's been really good this year, though we have in recent weeks had to resort to the Santa's watching threat once or twice.

Here she's helping Daddy:
Angelie heps Daddy

Here's she's shovelling snow:
Angelie shovelling snow

And riding the shovel while I shovel snow, wow what a workout!
Riding the shovel
Riding the shovel


Angelie had her first sleep-over with Grandma and Grandpa last weekend, while Mommy and Daddy went to the Nortel Christmas Party. Apparently she handled it very well, only fussing for me once. But when asked if she would like to sleep at Grandma's again she said, "Yes. But you come too. And Daddy. So I won't be scared."

Her vocabulary and imagination continue to grow at exponential rate, often prompting strangers to assume that she's older than she is. Her latest thing is to say "Come help me watch TV." Which basically means she wants to cuddle. Instead of saying 'because', she says "that's whys" (I'll miss this one when she stops saying it!), usually when she's trying to talk her way out of trouble, and she has a reason for everything. Too smart for her own good.

And in another edition of the series 'weird things little kids do', I found Little Sister Kitty (that's this kitty's name) sleeping on the stove in a bake pan with a dishcloth as a blanket.
Sleeping kitty

I'll post more pictures after Christmas, but for now:
MERRY CHRISTMAS from our house, to yours!

2 Comments:

Blogger miika said...

Merry Christmas to you guys, too!

And I know I keep repeating myself, but I can't wait to see you guys again and I'm amazed at Angelie. She's such a cute little girl!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks Monika! Can't wait to meet your wee one too!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home