Friday, September 14, 2007

Angelie's second day at preschool went just as well as the first. When we first got to the school she followed the other kids into the class without holding on to me. She stopped just inside the door and said "Mama?" but her teacher took her by the hand and said "Come see the new things we have in the kitchen today" and Angelie went willingly without complaint.

I didn't hang around, but ran an errand. When I was driving away from the school without her though, my heart felt heavy and the slightest thing (a squashed squirrel on the road for example) could have brought me to tears.

When I picked her up after class I was greeted with the most beautiful bright smile. Melted my heart.

On days we have nothing scheduled I'll ask Angelie, "What do you want to do today?" Today she said, "Go preschool." Obviously, she liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home